The wedding colors you choose for your special day will define your whole wedding vibe! It is amazing how much your wedding colors will say about you as a couple and how you wish to represent yourselves to your loved ones. From the bouquet, the cake, the napkins, the grooms tie, and of course the event lighting the wedding colors sets up how your guests will feel the entire night.
However, I can’t tell you how many times I have asked a bride and groom what there wedding colors are, only to be met with “I haven’t even thought of those yet” or ” I don’t even know where to begin.” or “Colors aren’t really our thing. Im’ sure it will work itself out.”
Pro- tip: It usually doesn’t.
But fear not! Choosing colors does not have to be that hard! There are a few quick and easy ways to go about it. Of course you can always keep it simple, and just choose his and her favorite colors (beware though that is how you can get some awful and difficult color combos like Burgundy and Kelly Green or Seafoam Green and Salmon *Shudder* ) If that doesn’t work make a Pinterest account or put together a collage of photos that you like of other wedding cakes, dresses, flowers, and of course wedding lighting and see if there is a common color theme forming naturally.
Another way to come to a “color conclusion” is think about the color psychology of each color. What adjectives would you describe your relationship as? How do you want your guests feel about you as a couple?
- Creates a mood of peace and comfort
- Represents innocence, wholeness, and perfection
- Denotes a clean or fresh start for those who want serenity and peace
- You like order and efficiency in your life because that creates a sense of peace and calm, comfort and hope
- Red creates a warm and stimulating mood of passion & excitement
- Great for high energy weddings with lots of action
- Choosing red for your main wedding color identifies you as extroverted, confident and optimistic.
- Red is impulsive and outgoing
- The softer side of red, a pink color choice creates a mood of gentle love, thoughtfulness, and playfulness.
- Choosing pink for your wedding color shows you are loving, kind, generous and sensitive to the needs of others.
- You are friendly and approachable with a warmth and softness.
- Represents an affectionate heart that is sensitive and nurturing
- Orange creates a social & exciting mood with lots of chatting, laughter and fun!
- You are a people person and will have a large and active social circle
- You enjoy partying and planning all types of social events – orange people are the life of the party, the uninhibited performer
- Brides who prefer orange tend to be fearless and curious, with a zest for life
- Yellow is welcoming and hopeful and creates a feeling of cheerfulness & happiness
- You are creative with many original ideas and thoughts, but with much practicality and foresight.
- People who love yellow have cheerful spirits and optimistic values
- Yellow brides exude warmth and vitality and usually possessing a great sense of humor
- Green will create a calm and restful mood and will encourage a feeling of unity and togetherness among the guests.
- Green symbolizes life, freshness, nature and fertility.
- You crave peace and contentment above all else and a life free of conflict
- A common choice for eco-friendly brides, green shows that you value your health and the environment.
- Blue will create a peaceful and relaxing mood to make your guests contented and happy
- Brides who choose blue are reliable, and take responsibilities seriously.
- You are deliberate, introspective, conservative, and patient, tending to be sensitive and wise
- A lighter blue will indicate more freedom and whimsy, while a darker blue is more serious and professional
- Purple creates a mood of individuality, fantasy, & dignity
- Purple is a royal color which brings to mind luxury, gracefulness, & poise
- Purple brides are passionate, unique, & independent
- You are a sensitive and compassionate person, supportive of others, & creative
- Black will create an aura of elegance, mystery, & sophistication
- As an opulent choice, black is timelessly elegant
- A bride that chooses black may be trying to create an aura of mystery & intrigue, affluence & sexiness
- Conventional, conservative, and serious black is very traditional
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Check out our Pinterest!